Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend and 1st Day of School

Where to start? The last few days are somewhat of a blur! We traveled many miles, saw many friends and family and made it back in time to send Carson off on his first day of kindergarten and Payton off to first grade!


Last Friday we left Lakefield and headed to Ames to see Mike’s family. Lisa, John, Nick and Gavin were there from Texas and Jeni and Trevor came later from the cities. The kids had a lot of fun hanging out with Nick and Gavin. They got to play tee ball, soccer and ride bikes / tractors in the drive!

We got up on Saturday morning and went to the site of Lee and Diane’s new church. They had a corn maze we all went through and only got lost once! Saturday we had a surprise 60th birthday party for PaPa Lee. I think he really was surprised! Aidan got to meet lots of new family members and took in all the snuggles he could! We got to have a good visit with Mike’s cousin Rick and his wife Kim. Carson loves their son Seth and he got to play with him as well. It sounds like Rick, Kim and family will be traveling to Lakefield to stay with us in November. We can’t wait!

We woke up early on Sunday morning and headed to Missouri to see Grandma and PaPa Crabtree. All of the cousins were there so Payton and Carson were thrilled! Carson and Korbey became fast friends and spent the rest of the day looking for grasshoppers and crickets to feed the turkeys. We literally didn’t hear a peep out of them! Payton loved hanging out with Sidney, Bailey, Savannah and Lauren. She felt like such a “big kid”! We had a bon fire and roasted hot dogs and made smores on Saturday night. Lots more family came out to hang with us and meet baby Aidan.

We got up on Monday and started the trek back to Minnesota. We went through Pattonsburg where I got to see my BFF from high school and her 2 kids Laila and Jaida. I had not seen her in so long! Payton and Carson hung out with Laila and she showed them around the house and pool. It was pretty cute to watch them interact!

We left Pattonsburg and started our very, very, very long trip home. Aidan was not happy most of the way home and we had to make several stops to feed him or just take him out of the car seat. We rolled into Lakefield around 9:30 last night. YUCK!!

We got up this morning and got Payton and Carson ready for their first day of school. They were both so excited! I started getting a little teary thinking of Carson going but I held it together while we were at home. Mike had taken off work this morning and we both took them in. Carson couldn’t wait to get inside and had no problems hugging us good-bye. It was a long walk back to our car and I waited until then to shed any tears. My little boy is a BIG kindergartner!

Aidan and I have hung out at the house and it is so quiet without the older 2 kids here! I am trying to unpack suitcases and get things organized again. I am planning on making Root Beer floats for snack after school. I can’t wait to hear how the first day went!

Little Gavin
Cousin Nick
Payton and her cousin Ryan
Payton and her cousin Caleb
Payton, Lauren, Aidan and Savannah
Carson and Korbey
PaPa Crabtree and Payton
Korbey, Carson, Sidney holding Aidan and Payton
Grandma Crabtree and Payton
1st Day of School - Thanks Jaye for the new shirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment