Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well, yesterday was our big back to school shopping day. I was dreading it a little because it can get hectic taking the two kids at the same time let alone adding a baby into the mix. I can honestly say I had a lot of fun! The kids were great and it is fun taking Payton and Carson now especially since they have more of an opinion on what they want. I love watching the things they pick out! Aidan was amazing! He slept a lot of the trip and when he wasn’t sleeping, he was awake and taking it all in!


We left here around 9:30 in the morning for Mankato. The worst part of the trip was the road construction they were doing on HWY 60 and all of the detours we had to take. We took the kids to one hour foto to get pictures taken of all three of them together. The pictures didn’t turn out as great as I had hoped, but we did get a few good ones in. After pictures we headed to culvers to eat lunch. The kids like to eat there b/c they get custard after their lunch!

When we were done at Culvers we headed to Kohls (for shoes and clothes), Target (for backpacks and remaining school supplies) and Hobby Lobby (so I could finish some artsy projects for the kids’ rooms).

Payton and Carson both got very cute sketchers tennis shoes. Payton’s are very girly and we were able to find some narrow ones for her teeny tiny feet. Carson’s are the exact opposite of Payton’s. They are very “loud’ black shoes w/ bright green light up lights on them. You will not miss him coming in the dark (or daylight for that matter)! He alow wears a much larger shoe then she does and he needs wide shoes on top of that. They each also got a pair of shoes for gym. I am glad we had them with us b/c I never would have picked out the shoes that they chose for themselves. I thought this type of stuff was supposed to start when they were teenagers and not when they were 6 and 5! They each got some new jeans which they desperately needed. Payton wore jeans the day before and they were well above her ankles. How fast they grow!!

Target wasn’t as busy as we were anticipating. I finally found Payton’s crayons. Of course she needed 2 boxes of 16 count crayons. I couldn’t find them anywhere around us but Target had them! Why is it that you could buy all other crayons really cheap except 16 count boxes? We paid over $2 / box. What is up with that??? Anyway, they each found their backpacks which are super cute! Payton chose pink camo and Carson just chose green camo. They are on wheels too and they are made a little sturdier than the ones we had last year.

We didn’t get home until after 7:00 last night. Aidan did amazing all day. As long has he was fed and changed he was happy.

We woke up this morning and headed to church. It is funny to watch Carson introduce Aidan to all the little church ladies and gents. He tells them Aidan’s name and that he is his brother and that Aidan is a good baby. He is so proud and it is so cute to watch. Aidan loves the music when we start singing. He just closed his eyes and let it put him to sleep!  We are trying to figure out which weekend we will get Aidan baptized.  It seems like the weekends are full for the next month so we may have to re-arrange our schedules to get the baptism in as soon as we can.

It is hard to believe our weekend is almost over all ready! Where does the time go???





taken this morning before church
This is a super cute collage of Aidan taken by Alison Stumpf.  The bottom of it says bits of Aidan.  LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment