This is a picture of Carson (falling asleep in the sandbox) with his best buddy Jade standing watch!
Last Friday night Mike and I took all 3 kids to the drive in movie theater near Spirit Lake. The movie “UP” was playing and we thought the kids would like it. It was such a good, heart-warming movie! Aidan did great! He and I sat in the car b/c it was a little breezy. Payton, Carson and Mike all sat outside in lawn chairs. The kids thought the movie was pretty good too. The kids had baths before we went and wore their jammies so when we got home they could go straight to bed. The movie doesn’t even start until 9:00 so it makes a pretty late night!
I have been taking Aidan for daily stroller rides and he seems to really like them. Carson will ride his bike and Payton will sometimes ride her bike and sometimes will walk with Aidan and I. If we go at night when Mike is home, he rides his bike with Carson. It is good exercise and a fun activity to do as a family.
It is hard to believe that we are nearing mid-August. The time flies so quickly! The kids will start school the Tuesday after Labor Day. We are going the weekend of the 22nd to get school supplies and clothes. We will have a big first grader and a big Kindergartner! I will be home with Aidan until mid October so that will give he and I some quality one on one time while the kids are in school.
I took Aidan to Alison Stumpf’s for his first pictures yesterday. He did so good! He was really awake and seemed to be looking at the camera a lot so hopefully they turn out as cute as I think they will! She does a great job and the pictures always turn out amazing!
Aidan and I go back to the doctor tomorrow for our 2 week check ups. I am anxious to see how much he weighs. He seems to be so big now but I think it is because he was so much bigger to start with. He weighed almost 2 pounds more than Payton did and a pound more than Carson. He was 1-2” longer than the other 2 kids as well.
Carson has really been playing outside a lot this summer. He has a cute little farmer tan…. Speaking of farmer….he has put many miles on his John Deere tractors in the sand box. One day when I looked out the window, he was laying on his tummy and had fallen asleep and our dog Jade had curled up next to him. It was pretty cute!
Payton loves playing in her room with her Polly Pockets, little ponies, pet shops, or barbies. She can spend hours in there and you never hear a peep from her. I am amazed at how well she and Carson have adjusted to having a baby in the house. They love him so much and just want to help where and when they can. Mike and I are so blessed to have 3 amazing and healthy kids.
Here are some pictures of our last few days at home. Enjoy!
What an Angel!

Mike Playing John Deere Dominoes with the kids. Aidan had a front row seat!
Proud Big Brother!
No comments:
Post a Comment